Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey WhatsApp Pinterest Facebook Previous article£800,000 worth of herbal cannabis seized in DerryNext articleLetterkenny Council answers questions on traffic congestion, parking and litering News Highland Facebook Pinterest WhatsApp Twitter Donegal fishermen have welcomed an agreement by the Council of Ministers in Europe to scrap the issuing of transferable fishing quotas.There are fears the move would have meant the privatisation of the Irish Fishing Industry, with the possibility of Irish Quotas being sold off to other European States to the highest bidder.This is only the first step however as the EU Parliament has the final say on the European Commission proposal.Most feel the introduction of transferable quotas would be the death knell for coastal communities in Donegal.Sean O’Donoghue of the Killybegs Fishermens Organisation says its crucial the EU Parliament back the Council of Ministers:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/seano1pmFISH.mp3[/podcast] Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Google+ Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Fishermen welcome first step in scrapping of transferable fishing quotas Google+ Newsx Adverts Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week By News Highland – May 15, 2012 Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also
Personnel of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Regional and Iloilo City offices undergo mass testing Tuesday at the Freedom Grandstand. File Photo/Arnold Almacen/CMO Romulo-Puyat said the COVID-19 positive BFP-6 employee and her colleagues checked in on June 12 and “pretended” to be part of the Boracay Inter-Agency Task Force delegation when the latter convened on the island from June 11 to 12. Like their sacked regional director Fire Senior Superintendent Roderick Aguto, they would be investigated, too, for last week’s trip to Boracay Island with a colleague who tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). He ordered the creation of a team from the BFP national headquarters to conduct the probe. “A total of 28 personnel were relieved from their positions. Of course, they are under quarantine and would undergo reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests,” said Secretary Eduardo Año. “The concerned hotel at that time had no authority to operate, which is issued by the agency after ensuring that an accommodation facility has set health and safety protocols in place,” she said. MANILA – Twenty-seven more personnel of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Region 6 have been relieved from their posts by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG). In a related development, the Department of Tourism (DOT) revoked the accreditation of the hotel that housed the BFP-6 personnel. The Interior secretary also said 24 staff of the hotel where the BFP-6 personnel stayed and nine boatmen who ferried the group would also be subjected to quarantine. “The investigation would determine the extent of each personnel’s participation or accountability…the command responsibility of senior officers…There was a report that they’ve been drinking there…or if they violated physical distancing while having their gathering,” said Año. Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said the hotel had no Certificate of Authority to Operate yet when the BFP-6 personnel stayed in it from June 12 to 14. Boracay was reopened to tourists from around Western Visayas on June 16 upon the recommendation of the Aklan provincial government and the task force’s approval./PN “The group claimed they were attending a conference of the task force but there was no conference already that time. The task force already left Boracay,” she said.