A power outage has struck South Inishowen this evening, impacting just under 800 homes and businesses.The ESB fault occurred at 5.18pm in Newtowncunningham and surrounding areas.Emergency repair crews are working on the issue and it is estimated that power will be restored to customers by 9pm. Up to 800 homes without power following ESB fault was last modified: November 12th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest
TIger Woods put on another masterful putting display Friday, helping him shoot a 65 and earn a two-shot lead going into the weekend in the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral.Woods, who has won three times at Doral and has captured this World Golf Championship event six times, gave himself numerous chances with a solid ballstriking round in which he barely missed a green.His 7-under 65 gave him a two-shot lead over 2010 U.S. Open champion Graem McDowell and a three-shot lead over Phil Mickelson and Steve Stricker, his buddy who gave him putting tips that Woods attributes to his solid play with the flat stick so far.Woods has won 26 -of-31 times when he has the outright 36-hole lead in his PGA Tour career.On Wednesday, Stricker gave Woods some advice during a 45-minute session on the practice green, one that has led to two days of exceptional work.“I’ve always liked the way he putts it,” Stricker said. “We’ve talked a lot about it over the years. We have the same ideas, although we do different things to get it there. We have the same principles. He’s open to hearing what I have to say sometimes.”This time, it worked, as Woods made nine birdies Thursday and added eight more Friday. He has had 22 one-putt greens in the tournament, and on Friday he hit 15-of-18 greens in regulation.For a time, it appeared Mickelson would play his way into a third-round pairing with Woods, reprising their epic 2005 final-round duel here in which Woods prevailed by a stroke to regain the No. 1 world ranking.But McDowell had other ideas, birdieing his last two holes for a 67.“I saw Phil sneaking up the leaderboard there behind me, and I said to (caddie) Kenny (Comboy), ‘Let’s spoil this party tomorrow,’ ” McDowell said. “I’m sure they would have liked Tiger and Phil in the last group tomorrow, would have been great for the tournament, but I certainly will enjoy the position of being in the last group and the mix. That’s right where I want to be.“Great to see the best players in the game playing as well as they are. Always exciting to have Tiger and Phil playing well. It brings the crowds and puts people behind their TV screens, and that’s what’s important.”Mickelson has shot 67-67 after an early-week visit to Augusta National to scout the Masters venue.“I saw Tiger was playing well and I wanted to make a couple birdies to get in the group with him,” Mickelson said. “It seems since 2007, when we played at Deutsche Bank in Boston, I’ve been playing some of my best golf when we get paired together.“I hope that tomorrow that I play a good round and so does he, and we get a chance to get paired together in Sunday’s final round, because he seems to somehow bring out my best golf.”
Philadelphia 76ers incoming general manager Elton Brand speaks at the NBA basketball team’s practice facility in Camden, N.J., Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Only two years out of the NBA, Elton Brand is set to return to the league as a 39-year-old general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers.For a franchise that underwent the painful “Process” for a few seasons and had its last GM caught up in a Twitter scandal, a youth movement in the front office could be what the Sixers need to take the next step into Eastern Conference contention.Brand is ready to help lead the way.“I’m going to rely on my team,” Brand said. “Not just on the court, but the off-the-court team. I can’t keep saying it enough. In my opinion, we are one of the top groups in the NBA.”Brand was introduced Thursday at the Sixers complex as the new GM, and it was made clear the two-time All-Star will not yield the power to make the final decisions, but rather work in concert with coach Brett Brown and the rest of the front office.“The 76ers are on the cusp of something very special and the next 12 months are really important,” Brand said. “I think that’s why I was the leading candidate, to bring stability to the organization and this group that I know really well.”Brand had worked for the Sixers as vice president of operations and was the general manager of the Delaware Blue Coats, the 76ers’ G League affiliate.Sixers owner Josh Harris said Brand emerged from a list of at least 10 candidates as the right choice to steady a franchise rocked by Bryan Colangelo’s sudden departure. Colangelo resigned in June as the 76ers’ president of basketball operations after what an investigation concluded was “careless and in some instances reckless” sharing of sensitive team information on Twitter.“I’ll lead with honesty, integrity,” Brand said.Brown had assumed interim GM duties but wanted no part of holding the job full time. But he will work as Brand’s partner in key decisions the franchise faces coming off a 52-win season.“Coach and I are aligned,” Brand said. “Teams that have won in the NBA, the GM, the coach have to get along. He’s going to have the players. But when it comes to trades, draft process, I’m running that. That’s what I’ve been hired for. Final say? Coach is going to have a voice in it.”Brand played in 1,058 career games over 18 seasons with the Bulls, the Los Angeles Clippers, Dallas, Atlanta and two stints with the Sixers. He posted career averages of 16 points, nine rebounds, two assists and two blocks per game.A two-time All-Star and the 2000 co-rookie of the year, Brand was also the recipient of the 2005-06 Joe Dumars Trophy, presented each season to the player who exemplifies the ideals of sportsmanship on the court.“I think we’re at a new point in our team’s development into hopefully an NBA championship,” Harris said. “We need to be attracting talent here. Certainly, Elton’s image and who he is as a person were real positives. But leadership and managerial skills and the things you’ve got to do in the front office that aren’t just about image, he’s got those, too. But certainly, that was a huge positive.”Brand said it’s fair to question his inexperience as he skyrocketed through the organization from the G League to GM. But it’s a job he’s ready to handle.“I’ll take the hits,” he said. “When there’s decisions made on the basketball side, I’m taking the hits.”Alex Rucker was promoted to executive vice president of basketball operations. Ned Cohen will remain assistant general manager and Marc Eversley will stay as senior vice president of player personnel.The Sixers beat Miami in the first round of the playoffs before they were eliminated in the conference semifinals by Boston. Under Brown’s watch, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons have blossomed into two of the top young players in the league.Embiid and Markelle Fultz were among the players who attended Brand’s press conference.The Sixers were stunned when an independent review found that Colangelo’s wife, Barbara Bottini, operated four Twitter accounts. She admitted using private information to criticize the Sixers and rival colleagues.Brand, the fourth black GM in the NBA, is ready for the Sixers to put the offseason mess behind them and make a jump in the East.“This is a special team, an incredible opportunity, and we will lead a disciplined and determined path to building a championship organization,” he said.
With goals from Costa, Can, and Rugani, Juventus defeated Chievo in their own stadium. Cristiano Ronaldo missed his first penalty in Serie A.In a Monday night Serie A football match between Juventus and Chievo, the Vecchia Signora wanted to continue their unbeaten run in the competition and came out on top against a modest Chievo.One would’ve thought that Cristiano Ronaldo was going to have an easy night, but he really struggled to get a goal and even missed his very first penalty kick in Serie A.The heroes of the night were Paulo Dybala with two assists, Douglas Costa with a spectacular solo goal, Emre Can with one goal, and Daniele Rugani with another.The one who opened the scoreline was Brazilian Douglas Costa, who grabbed a pass from Dybala early in the first half and approached to the outskirts of the box to release a potent strike that went past the Chievo goalkeeper.The shot was so impressive, that even Juve goalkeeper Mattia Perin was quite impressed by the effort.The Vecchia Signora controlled the match from start to finish, Chievo barely made any type of approach to the leader’s box and all offensive Juventus’ players had their chances to score.But Cristiano Ronaldo was the unlucky one this evening.A hat-trick of firsts for the season! ⚽️⚽️⚽️#JuveChievo #ForzaJuve pic.twitter.com/soVgfbPs1t— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) January 21, 2019The second goal came right before the halftime whistle, Paulo Dybala combined with Emre Can while entering the box.A one-two that the fans really appreciated at Juventus’ Stadium, they cheered the action that ended in a beautiful finish from Emre Can to the bottom corner.With a comfortable 2-0 result, Juventus went to the dressing rooms and then came back hungrier for more goals.At the start of the second half, it was Cristiano Ronaldo’s turn to score his goal after the ball hit defender Mattia Bani’s hand and a penalty was awarded for the local squad.Vidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.This was Ronaldo’s perfect opportunity to keep scoring goals and move further away in the Cappocannioniere table with 15, but his shot was too predictable and goalkeeper Stefano Sorrentino was able to stop it with no problems.Cristiano Ronaldo’s face was a poem, he was obviously upset for not being able to score his goal and what came after was a set of failed occasions from a frustrated Portuguese forward throughout the second half.#JuveChievo 📸’s direct from the Allianz 🏟#FinoAllaFine #ForzaJuve pic.twitter.com/hL4XQg3PC4— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) January 21, 2019Despite the constant efforts from all the Juventus players, Chievo kept the hope of possibly pulling one goal back for them during the second half but they were also unlucky.The last ten minutes of the game was more exciting for the local side, as Ronaldo kept trying with little fortune and his frustration was more evident after every failed chance.The last goal of the match came during the 84th minute, when Bernardeschi sent the cross to Rugani’s head and the Italian defender was able to find an opening that gave Juve the final third goal of the evening.This victory leaves Juventus with 56 points in Serie A, which is 9 above Napoli and still undefeated in the competition. Out of the 20 matches that Juventus has played this season in Serie A, they have already won 18 and only gotten a draw in 2 of them.The Vecchia Signora still hasn’t lost in the current season, the only defeat they’ve gotten has been in the Champions League against Manchester United earlier in the season.NO SEÑOR ❌Así le tapó Sorrentino de 39 años, el penal a Cristiano Ronaldo 😵#SerieAxESPN pic.twitter.com/gzQRaVpJ27— Fuera de Juego (@ESPN_FDJ) January 21, 2019How long do you think this unbeaten run will last for Juventus in Serie A? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Pep Guardiola has urged Manchester City youngsters to seize the opportunity in their game against Burton to stake a claim in the first team.The likes of Phil Foden, Philippe Sandler and Eric Garcia are expected to feature at the Pirelli Stadium having trained with the first-team.However, Guardiola has warned the club’s youngsters they will not be gifted a place in his side and must earn their spot on merit.He told Sky Sports: “I’m pretty sure they are motivated to play in the first team, to play alongside incredible players in competitions and semi-finals. Of course, they are going to be motivated.Mourinho knows why City and Liverpool are so far ahead George Patchias – September 13, 2019 Jose Mourinho knows why Manchester City and Liverpool are so far ahead of everyone else in the Premier League.In an interview with the Telegraph,…“But they have to know how difficult it is to achieve [a place in] the first squad and the first team, not just in Man City but everywhere.“It is a massive opportunity for them to be close to the first team but it is not easy. We don’t give presents because they are nice or something special. It depends on them.“They have to show us, they have to play their level. Wednesday is a challenge for them but I’m pretty sure they are going to play well because they can do it.”
July 2, 2018 600 protestors organized by @ConMijente descend upon Downtown San Diego. Here is a snippet of the energy the crowd brought, marching from #ChicanoPark to Downtown #SanDiego. Details on @KUSINews at 6 &10 pic.twitter.com/6jKfSMim1v— Ashlie Rodriguez (@AshlieSanDiego) July 3, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News, Politics FacebookTwitter Updated: 8:32 PM 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Ten people were arrested during a protest today in downtown San Diego.Hundreds of people gathered there to protest against what they say are President Trump’s immigration policies when things began to get out of hand. KUSI’s Ashlie Rodriguez explains it began as a very large crowd, roughly 600 to 800 people showed up, many of whom were bussed in from other cities.At one point they locked arms and blocked the federal building. Then some repelled down the Westin Hotel next door, trying to hang a banner. It was chaotic she said, take a look for yourself.RELATED STORY: KUSI’s Dan Plante breaks down US Border Patrol’s “Operation Streamline” Ed Lenderman, Ashlie Rodriguez, Posted: July 2, 2018 10 arrested at “Free Our Future” immigration protest The protestors are upset because 2,000 immigrant children are still being detained at the border and have not been reunited with their family members. They are also calling for the #TrumpAdministration to abolish #ICE pic.twitter.com/ZhIlDWIqX5— Ashlie Rodriguez (@AshlieSanDiego) July 3, 2018 10 PEOPLE ARRESTED: 600 protestors organized by @ConMijente descend upon Downtown #SanDiego. This is video of just a few of the protestors who were arrested for trespassing, conspiracy and obstruction, after hanging a banner on the @WestinSanDiego . Details on @KUSINews at 6&10 pic.twitter.com/Y2OItnM6fA— Ashlie Rodriguez (@AshlieSanDiego) July 3, 2018 Ed Lenderman, Ashlie Rodriguez
San Diego lifeguards issue shark advisory along 2.5 miles of La Jolla coastline Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom, Updated: 2:45 PM Posted: May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – San Diego lifeguards issued a shark advisory along 2 1/2 miles of coastline in La Jolla Tuesday afternoon after multiple reports of a possible shark feeding near the shore.Lifeguards issued the advisory shortly after 1 p.m. for the north side of Scripps Pier north to Bathtub Rock after several witnesses reported what they believed to be a shark about five feet in length.While a five-foot shark is not considered a significant threat, the number of witnesses and the feeding behavior prompted the advisory, according to a statement from the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.“We either have two separate sightings in the same general vicinity (one shark and one sea lion), or the witnesses all saw a sea lion feeding on a fish but perceived it as a shark,” according to Monica Munoz, an SDFD spokeswoman. “We are acting out of an abundance of caution.”Lifeguards were advising people at the beach to stay out of the water. A helicopter was dispatched as a precaution, according to SDFD. KUSI Newsroom