Kyrgios withdraws from US Open over virus fears

first_img“Dear Tennis, I will not be playing this year at the US Open. It hurts me at my core,” Kyrgios said in a video posted on Twitter.“But I’m sitting out for the people, for my Aussies, for the hundreds of thousands of Americans who have lost their lives, for all of you.”The opinionated Kyrgios, ranked just 40 but a major drawcard, last month blasted the ATP as “selfish” for pressing ahead with plans for the US Open, which is scheduled to start in New York on August 31.He has since waged a running battle on social media with some of the top names in the game who played at Novak Djokovic’s recent ill-fated Adria Tour tennis exhibition, blasting their “stupidity” and risky behaviour. His decision follows fellow Australian and world number one Ashleigh Barty last week withdrawing from the Grand Slam in New York, citing “significant risks” from the coronavirus pandemic. Loading… Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Stargazing Locations To ‘Connect With Nature’The Best Cars Of All Time7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindRobert Pattinson Showed The GQ Magazine What Quarantining Means10 Most Praised Historical MoviesBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Madecenter_img Read Also: Iheanacho faces Leicester exit as Foxes hunt for suitorsDjokovic, Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki all tested positive for COVID-19.The tennis season has been at a standstill since mid-March due to the virus outbreak worldwide.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Outspoken Nick Kyrgios pulled out of the US Open Sunday, saying he was giving it a miss for “the hundreds of thousands of Americans who have lost their lives”.Advertisementlast_img read more

FIFA stop players from internationals duties amid travel ban

first_img European national teams are scheduled to begin qualifying groups for the 2020-21 Nations League, with games on Sept. 3-8. The women’s international call-up dates are Sept. 14-22. Loading… Promoted ContentPretty Awesome Shows That Just Got CanceledBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeMeghan And Harry’s Royal Baby: Everything You Need To Know2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth Clubs may be exempt from releasing players for upcoming national-team games in European countries that have travel restrictions because of the pandemic, FIFA said Monday. FIFA said it will waive the obligation on clubs to hand over their players for the international break that starts Aug. 31 if they have to go to countries with national travel restrictions or quarantine periods of at least five days. The other five continental confederations opted to postpone games that were scheduled for the same window. UEFA has asked member federations to seek exemptions for soccer players from national governments in order to avoid quarantines. Read Also: Ronaldinho set to be granted freedom from house arrest If those exemptions are not given, FIFA said Monday that players don’t have to leave their clubs if their travel demands would require a five-day quarantine or self-isolation period. Some of Europe’s top soccer leagues, including England and Spain, have their opening games on the Sept. 12-13 weekend – fewer than five days after the international call-up period ends. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more