A chimney fire caused a northeast Hazel Dell family to abandon their house Sunday night.Firefighters responded at 8:12 to 3512 N.E. 109th St. to find smoke and flames coming from the back of the house. The fire was in the chimney and spread from the first to the second floor, said Dawn Johnson with Fire District 6.The family escaped and called 911, Johnson said. No one was hurt.It took about 20 minutes for 16 firefighters from District 6 and Vancouver Fire Department to control the blaze.It appears there is damage to the chimney area and attic and there is smoke damage throughout the house, Johnson said.A fire marshal was on the scene Sunday night but a damage estimate had not been determined.County property records indicate the house is owned by James and Janet Mannello. The house is north of Gaiser Middle School.Johnson said the family could not stay the night at the damaged house.