“I am very sorry, your honor. I will never do it again. Please give me as light a punishment as possible,” he told the judge as quoted by tribunnews.com.Sentencing is scheduled for next week.Read also: Indonesians remain sensitive to perceived blasphemy: YLBHIAccording to the prosecutors, the incident took place at Al-Mashum Mosque in Medan Kota district in the afternoon of Feb. 13. A 44-year-old man in Medan, North Sumatra, faces four years in prison for having allegedly desecrated the Quran at a local mosque earlier this year.Prosecutors at the Medan District Court charged the defendant, Doni Irawan Malay, for blasphemy under Article 156 of the Criminal Code and demanded a four-year prison term for him during a hearing on Tuesday.Doni was accused of committing a blasphemous act by purportedly tearing out pages from the Quran. He pleaded for a lighter sentence, conveying his guilt to the court. “The defendant entered the mosque and took a Quran from a shelf without permission from the management,” a prosecutor told the court, adding that the defendant then took the Quran into the male ablution room.“The defendant removed the cover from the Quran, threw it into a garbage bin inside the ablution room and then proceeded to tear out pages from the Quran with both of his hands.”They said Doni then exited the mosque later that afternoon and threw the ripped Quran pages onto the streets before running away.Doni was later caught by locals and reported to the Medan Kota Police. (rfa)Topics :
“Ian Holloway will serve a two-match touchline suspension with immediate effect after Crystal Palace notified The FA that they would not be appealing the sanction,” a statement on its website read. “Holloway was given the ban along with an £18,000 fine after he admitted two separate charges, both in relation to his side’s game against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 18 August 2013. “Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing on Wednesday 28 August 2013, the following results were reached. “In relation to a breach of FA Rule E3 in that Holloway’s language and/or behaviour in or around the match officials’ changing room after the game amounted to improper conduct, he was given a two-match touchline ban to commence with immediate effect and fined £10,000. “In relation to a breach of FA Rule E3 in that Holloway’s post-match comments constituted improper conduct in that they questioned the integrity of the match referee and/or match officials in general, and/or implied that the match referee and/or match officials in general were motivated by bias; and/or brought the game into disrepute, Holloway was fined £8,000. “The sanctions were stayed to allow Holloway the opportunity to lodge an appeal having considered the written reasons. The FA were notified on Tuesday 3 September that he would not be appealing, therefore his touchline ban commences with immediate effect.” Among many post-match comments relating to the performance of the officials, Holloway said: ‘It’s going to be a long hard season for me with these people. I had this with Blackpool. Certain clubs get fouls and others don’t. I just want a bit of fairness.” He will now be banned from the touchline for the trip to champions Manchester United on September 14 and the following weekend’s home clash with Swansea. The FA also confirmed that Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies has also been charged following their 2-1 defeat at Wigan on August 31. “The charge is in relation to an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 in that his language and/or behaviour at the end of the match amounted to improper conduct. Davies has until 6pm on 6 September 2013 to reply to the charge,” a brief statement read. Holloway was charged with two separate counts after Roberto Soldado’s penalty condemned his side to defeat on the opening weekend of the Barclays Premier League season. And the FA has now announced he has decided not to contest the charges. Press Association Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway will serve a two-match touchline ban after the Football Association confirmed he would not appeal the sanctions handed out following the Eagles’ 1-0 defeat to Tottenham.
New Delhi: After Rohit Sharma’s attacking fifty and a brilliant century from Shikhar Dhawan, India cricket team skipper Virat Kohli joined in the fun as he blasted his 50th fifty in ODIs. The Indian cricket team skipper notched up his landmark by working offspinner Glenn Maxwell to the deep midwicket fence for a single. Kohli built upon the efforts of Dhawan and Rohit as India aimed for a total close to 325 against an Australian side that struggled on the flat deck at the Kennington Oval in London after India had won the toss and chose to bat. Kohli became the seventh Indian player to hit 50 or more fifties in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar heads the list with 96 fiftiesBoth Dhawan and Rohit started slowly and it was the left-hander who smashed the first boundary of the match when he caressed a full ball from Pat Cummins to the deep extra cover fence. The pressure of the early overs was released when Dhawan slammed three boundaries off Nathan Coulter-Nile in the eighth over. The first boundary was a drive straight down the ground, the second was a cut shot to the deep cover fence while the third was a late-cut to the third man fence.RELATEDAfter going past the landmark, Dhawan pounced on Stoinis by smashing two consecutive boundaries and despite losing Rohit for 57, Dhawan continued his aggression. He blasted two fours off legspinner Adam Zampa and got near to his century by getting an under-edge to a short ball from Pat Cummins as he attempted the upper-cut again. The left-hander raced through the 90s by pulling Zampa to the deep square leg fence and he reached the landmark in dramatic fashion.The left-hander pushed a full ball from Marcus Stoinis to the mid-off region and looked for a single but sent Virat Kohli back half-way down the pitch. The fielder scored a direct hit and the ricochet resulted in a single. Rohit Sharma has always had memorable moments against Australia when it comes to his cricketing career. His first double century came against Australia in 2013 and he has the most centuries in his ODI career against Australia. Rohit has also amassed other records in his career and in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash against Australia at the Kennington Oval, the Mumbai right-hander notched up yet another milestone. Rohit became the fourth player to score 2000 runs in ODIs against Australia. Sachin Tendulkar is the leading run-getter with 3077 runs at an average of 44.57 with nine centuries. With Shikhar Dhawan batting aggressively, Rohit was content on playing second fiddle. The batsman pushed legspinner Adam Zampa to long off for a single and he became the fastest to 2000 runs against Australia, achieving the feat in just his 37th game. highlights Virat Kohli hit his 50th fifty in ODIs.Kohli is the seventh Indian to reach 50 ODI fifties.India last won against Australia in the 2011 World Cup. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Marek Suchar: “As esports betting grows, we will no longer speak about it as one sport” June 18, 2020 Share Share LiveScore adds new leagues to streaming offering August 12, 2020 Submit HKJC closes OCBBs amid rising public health concerns July 13, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles Italian football giants AC Milan has announced a new sponsorship deal with Vwin, which marks the clubs first regional partner in Asia.The Philippine licensed Asian online betting firm has signed a multi year official partnership with the Serie A side, and are set to work with the club in Asian regions to launch customised marketing campaigns.It has also been detailed that this new link up will be developed “through multiple strategic tools in order to achieve important milestones together.”Lorenzo Giorgetti, Chief Commercial Officer of AC Milan, commented: “We are proud to welcome Vwin, [the] leader in the online betting industry in the Asian territory, in [to] AC Milan’s family of partners. Vwin is our first Regional Partner in Asia. “This agreement represents to our Club a first and important step in the development of our commercial strategy on this key market.”Vwin are to utilise the use of the iconic AC Milan brand and image, to leverage the firm’s presence amongst sport fans on the continent.The firm intends to promote its services and exposure opportunities on digital media, in addition to a variety of other activities for the dedicated Asian market.This follows a similar deal struck with AC Milan’s league rivals Juventus last year, which saw the firm become the Bianconeri’s official regional partner in Asia.Under the terms of that agreement, Vwin could use the Juventus brand and image to advertise its products within China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.A statement on behalf on Vwin said: “We are excited to collaborate with AC Milan, I am convinced this will be a successful partnership for both sides. We can’t wait to share the future that awaits us”.AC Milan currently sit 11th in Italy’s Serie A, 12 points off Lazio in fourth and and 23 points behind current leaders Napoli.
After its title charge in Spain’s La Liga stalled, Real Madrid is planning to take action against supporters who allegedly vandalized cars owned by the club’s players.The squad returned to the Spanish capital following its 2-1 defeat by arch rival Barcelona in the early hours of Monday morning where they were met by fans who were unhappy with their display.It is alleged that cars, including those owned by Gareth Bale and Jese Rodriguez were both targeted, while coach Carlo Ancelotti was also allegedly abused.Real said on its website that it had suspended a club member and banned him from their properties pending an investigation.Three men are alleged to have insulted players and struck at least one of the vehicles.”The club has already identified the individuals responsible, one a Real Madrid member, for these aggressive and violent actions against several of our players,” Real said in the statement. “Details of this member’s identity have been sent to the club’s discipline commission, requesting that it expel the individual from Real Madrid for what is considered a very serious offense.”This afternoon, the discipline commission held an emergency meeting and decided to open a disciplinary investigation and provisionally suspend the individual’s rights as a member and access to the Santiago Bernabéu or any Real Madrid facilities.”Real Madrid has notified Spain’s National Anti-Violence Commission of the incidents that took place, as well as the identities of the individuals responsible, requesting that it apply those sanctions that it considers appropriate”Furthermore, Real Madrid will take any applicable legal action against the individuals responsible for these incidents”According to television pictures captured by Spanish television channel Cuatro, the incident happened when the players failed to stop their cars to speak with fans outside of the club’s Valdebebas training complex. In recent weeks Bale has been singled out for criticism with some supporters claiming the winger is struggling to justify his $120 million price tag.Real Madrid is four points behind leader Barcelona with 10 games of the La Liga season remaining.Supporters are frustrated at the team’s current run of form after it squandered pole position in the title race to Barcelona.Real started the season on fire and set a new Spanish record by winning 22 games in succession.But its form has faltered leading club president Florentino Perez to hold an impromptu press conference to defend Ancelotti only last month. –